Sunday, November 30, 2008

The end or beginning?

Topic: "Reflect upon your learning journey."

Learn & Play taught me about many internet sites I would otherwise never have used, and generally enlarged my perspective of internet services. I can apply this knowledge both personally and professionally.

My favorite discoveries of Learn & Play are Flickr, Youtube and podcasts. I use Flickr now to share digital photos with other people. I use Youtube for entertainment and news. I may begin to listen to podcasts to programs I would otherwise only listen to live or miss.

Learn & Play reinforces my understanding that working in a library requires ongoing learning from sources I might have previously ignored.

One impression I take away is that the internet offers much to people who don't mind leaving electronic footprints. The number of accounts and passwords I agreed to in these exercises leaves me a little uneasy. I prefer accessing media in a way leaving the least trace possible. However, I understand the call of marketing and in a few cases, accountability. In each case, the user can decide if using the site warrants the compromise.

I find format and concept for this program on target.

I would chose to participate in similar discovery programs in the future.

No comments: