Monday, November 24, 2008

Explore CML’s own Tool Box of great Web 2.0 tools

Topic: "try out some of the links in the Tool Box... try downloading the Library Toolbar or the Catalog Plugin... or read the blog, Tooling Around, and leave a comment."

I looked at all of the links in the Toll Box. I already used some prior to Learn & Play (Firefox, Gmail, Worldcat). I learned others already for Learn & Play (Technorati, Delicious, Library Thing, Twitter). That left half to discover:

Boingboing strikes me as entertainment leisure reading, much like alternative news weekly magazines.

Digg presents a current greatest hits of the world wide web that is up to the minute, for practical or entertainment value.

Stumbleupon appears largely similar to Digg in intention and content.

I see Make as a hobby forum, of mixed practical and entertainment value.

The Book Burro site provides an installable free tool described as serving a specialized need for finding books via library and online book seller sites. I limited my explorations of this for the same reason that I did not install the library tool bar or catalog plug-in - I work on shared computers at the library that either prevent such configurations or serve users that might not want them.

Techcrunch provides a weblog about internet 2.0 businesses. I may someday reach the sophistication level to optimally benefit from this site.

Creative Commons targets online publishers who seek to assert some intellectual property rights.

In addition to exploring the CML Tool Box, I read the CML Tooling Around weblog. I added the comment that it appears to have stopped posting two months ago, whereas Learn & Play reveals that plenty of potential content warrants resumed content.

No comments: