Tuesday, November 25, 2008

You too can YouTube!

Topic: "Explore YouTube and find a video worth adding as an entry in your blog."

I explored Youtube. I have investigated this site for entertainment since last summer, when I stumbled upon it while searching for song lyrics.

My video worth adding is a 10-minute political speech:


I like Youtube. Its search box sits prominently on the page and functions in straight forward manner. The hits it returns contain relevant content.

I chose the above video to exemplify how Web 2.0 provides access to serious political content that most broadcast media ignore.

Brief instructional videos that demonstrate routine library functions such as signing up for a library card and checking out items might be useful on their respective dedicated pcs. Videos that tour CML facilities might be interesting on the library's internet site, since many patrons probably have not seen all CML locations. Videos on the library site that model the library's code of conduct might assist staff in maintaining an environment conducive the the library's mission.

No comments: